Conor McGregor Has Officially Signed Deal To Fight Floyd Mayweather

Share On Facebook
Share On Twitter
Share On Google Plus
Share On Pinterest
Share On Stumbleupon

IT’S HAPPENING.

After what feels like years of back and forth discussions, Conor McGregor has confirmed that he’s signed his half of the deal to fight Floyd Mayweather.

The UFC lightweight champion told The Mac Life: “It is an honour to sign this record breaking deal alongside my partners Zuffa LLC, The Ultimate Fighting Championship and Paradigm Sports Management,

“The first, and most important part of this historic contract has now officially been signed off on. Congratulations to all parties involved. We now await Al Haymon and his boxer’s signature in the coming days.”


McGregor sounding off regarding Mayweather. Credit: Fight Hub TV

UFC president Dana White has said that McGregor has agreed the terms to the fight, and it will be straight up boxing. There were some rumours that it could be a mix with MMA, but it seems that has been disregarded.

McGregor said that the ball is now in the court of 40-year-old Mayweather and his advisor, Al Haymon.

Dana White said: “I’m starting to work on the Mayweather side now.

“If we can come to a deal with Haymon and Mayweather, the fight’s going to happen.”

However, as recently as Wednesday, Mayweather spoke out about the fight. “There’s only one fight that makes business sense,” he said.

“I came out of retirement because I’m a businessman and I want to give the world what they want to see.

“McGregor’s a fighter, I’m a fighter. This is what the fight fans and MMA fans want to see.”

Credit: PA Images

Mayweather’s current winning record is 49-0. A 50th win, especially against someone as high profile as McGregor, is certainly tantalising enough for the boxer.

Back in March in a sit-down interview, the former pound-for-pound king declared: Everybody get your phones out and get this on the Internet ASAP. I’m coming out of retirement to fight Conor McGregor, so right now I’m not retired. If you’re serious, sign the paper work and let’s fight in June.

He added: “He’s the B side; I’m the A side. I’m tired of you always crying about the money, you talking about you want to fight, you’re blowing smoke up everybody’s ass.

“If you want the fight, sign the contract.”

And McGregor has now done just that.

The comments came while he was in Liverpool, check out the footage below…


Credit: Fighting Pride

Negotiations have been in the public domain following their back-and-forth exchanges which included a series of messages from Mayweather previously refuting that the fight has been finalised, while telling him to sort out his end with the UFC.

The Irishman keeps fueling speculation by uploading footage of him tuning up on his boxing from his base at the Straight Blast Gym as well as in Las Vegas.

Fighting is easy to me because I dedicate every single second of my thinking brain to it.

Une publication partagée par Conor McGregor Official (@thenotoriousmma) le

This is going to be the biggest fight of the century.

Featured Image Credit: PA Images

Credit Article via Lad Bible

share-facebooknext-post